Monday, December 27, 2010

Favorite Christmas Recipes 2010

A good friend of mine gave me this recipe. All my friends were raving so I just had to try it!
"Crustless" Cranberry Pie
1 cup flour (I use BRM GF all-purpose)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 to 3 cups fresh cranberries
2/3 cup coarsely chopped or broken walnuts*
1/2 cup butter, melted (I put it in a small glass measuring cup and melt it in the preheating oven.)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 to 1 teaspoon GF vanilla

Preheat oven to 350F, and grease a 9in. pie plate with butter or coconut oil. Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add cranberries and walnuts, and toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix butter, eggs, and extracts. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until batter is completely moistened. The mixture will be quite thick. Spread batter in greased pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes (if GF), or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If you're using wheat flour, the baking time is likely shorter, so start checking at 35 minutes. Serve warm. Not that it isn't good cold, but it's better warm, trust me!:-) *If you can't have nuts, try adding additional cranberries instead.:-)


Artichoke dip
I made this one up trying to get close to the artichoke dip I loved growing up. So here it is: Dairy free gluten free nut free Artichoke dip! My youngest brother gives it a 2 thumbs up!

Artichoke dip
2 cans of artichokes roughly chopped
1 cup mayo
1/2 container of tofutti cream cheese
kosher salt to taste
Mix up and put in a baking dish (I used a glass pie pan) and heated for 1/2 an hour on 400-425. Serve with tortilla chips, gluten free toasted bread or gf crackers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment