Monday, November 14, 2011

30 day hands-on play challenge

I've been struggling feeling like I'm doing what I want with the kids which is interacting and having fun. A friend told me about a 30 day hands-on play challenge here. My friend has older kids, but figured who doesn't love play dough! We sure enjoy it! Especially when we were able to make a gluten free playdough free from what we had in the house! I love doing new things without having to make a trip to the store!!
And I thought we would do it. The first thing to do is to make the goals, but since I never do things in order (hardly ever-rebel that I am :) ) I grabbed a gluten free playdough recipe from here and made that first. Then the kids and I went in the yard and found all sorts of nature things to make faces in playdough. I took pictures and will get them up shortly. So now that I've done that, here are my goals :)

To spend time enjoying each other's company and having fun
Learning something
Exploring items I have in my stash that need to be used to have fun instead of staying hidden in "the stash"

Gluten free playdough
  • 2 Cups Baking Soda (1 box)
  • 1 Cup Cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 Cups Water
  • Color (we skipped this for white)
  • Scents (optional): We added Orange Essential Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment