Friday, May 10, 2013

Goal setting with kids in mind

One of the things I've been striving to do better with is goal setting. Setting goals and following through with them. I love having a plan, but also flexibility of following the plan- or not. I like to have the ability to change that plan on the fly- or as directed by a prompting or a gut instinct. I started to sit dow tonight to write about the things I need to do for school this next quarter. (we tend to do 6 weeks chucnks of school- not always- that's the tendency between breaks though).
As I did, I sort of  stumbled on a form that I think will really help me to plan for my children specifically and then be able to follow through with a plan of action.
In my head when I goal set I say a prayer, sit down with quiet time and have a carefully laid out plan I turn to daily to evaluate and use. In reality, my goal setting comes in the midst of my days when there are bits of quiet moments, followed by the loud chatic reality that is family life. I have learned to use those nuggets to really move me forward.
However I write down the goals they are typically lost or not referred back to.
It's actuality quite ok to only write them down- Even just writing them down is found to be more effective than not writing them down.
I have been thinking that I want a record to look at to help me see that I am helping my children move forward- to prove to me that I am doing the things I want to with my children and truly helping them to be educated, God loving, people servingmembers of society and that I am not solely taking the easy way out schooling wise- In my not so humble opinion Public School is waaay to hard on moms with driving and all the other stuff I would have to do! And on someone else's schedule no less! ;)  That's a whole other post though! :)
So here's what I came up with. I will try to figure out how to post a document, but that's a challenge for another day. Here's the basic set up and reasoning. I hope it helps you and yours move toward your family goals.



Goals for__ Child’s name______    _____Date_____ :
Goals for learning, social, physical, spiritual.
1.        

2.       

3.       

4.        

5.       

6.     

7.        

8.        
Child’s strengths-  (learning style, reading level etc)
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
     
How to get there- Specifics
What to focus on
Specific ways to do that
Resources needed/people to contact
Follow up notes
1.



2.









3.









4.









5.


















No comments:

Post a Comment