Saturday, March 12, 2011

Montessori Sound boxes at work

We have been working solidifying beginning sounds with SDD (age 4). We have been using Sound boxes Montessori style. One Morning in her pjs she has some fun with it. Who says school is a certain time! :) Life time learning at it's best!

Step one: lay out letters on mat ($3.99 @ Ikea- :) )


Step 2: match items to letter using beginning sound.

She only likes to do this for so long. I think we'll work with less letters and less items to keep her attention better!

4 comments:

  1. I love this activity for early readers(and I think your lacing shoe is great - have been meaning to make one for ages but keep putting it off - you have inspired me to go and finish it)

    I noticed you have a 6.5 yr old - do you have the elementary manuals for her? If not I have a link to mondorfment on my website freebies page - you can get the Montessori elementary manuals there for free :)

    Zelda Homeschool Escapade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zelda! I was given the lacing shoe from a former teacher. We were using one of Daddy's Old shoe's before that. This smells much better :)

    I love you're blog! We're using the Montessori grammar next week! I'll try to remember to post pictures.

    Thanks for that reminder about the Elementary Albums. I had followed that link before, but had forgotten about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! Thanks for posting this today on the workboxes group. I do Montessori activities too, and I hope you'll stop by to see my blog. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your new follower! Thanks for sharing great ideas!
    Nataša

    ReplyDelete